Churches and Tourism - Progress


Sometimes I'm so focused on the task in hand, I forget to sit up and take my bearings.

For 7 years I've been pushing on, hoping that the Church would get serious about tourism and Tourism serious about the church. And, Yes! There has been some progress:

  • I am chuffed to see the remit of, the soon to be appointed, Archdeacon of Norwich, will  include tourism. 
  • I am delighted that the Diocese of Norwich will be launching an Open Churches map (free for third party users to re-frame and embed in their own web sites) in the summer, and that
  • Premier Inns, King's Lynn recognise the warm welcome provided by St. Margaret's for hundreds of years.
Lets hope that those who are responsible for our heritage churches, step up to the plate and find effective ways of communicating our ancient Faith to new visitors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Elmham

First Day of the Rest of My Life

A Candlemas Pilgrimage