Great Yarmouth: a near death experience



Elizabth Kubler Ross's reearch into death and dying 

(e.g. lifeafterdeath ) records how going down a tunnel to a place of light is a common place experience
I have lost the memory but my children retell the story I told to them as I recovered consciousness:
"I was going down (the River Bure ?  Acle Straiht? ) to Great Yarmouth, got to the Berney Arms and decided to turn back!

I learned that when my heart stopped Paul,Gary and the lady from St. John's Ambulence worked on me untill the ambulence men restarted my heart!

Is Great Yarmouth a place of light? Is it heaven or hell?

I'm sorry not to remember anything but I have a sense that in many ways it would have been OK to go all the way to  Yarmouth ( and to the God who is like an endless sea?)

Excited to find myself alive at 3a.m. this morning I decided to say Morning Prayer. How the words burned with meaning as I recited Psalm 71!

Forsake me not, O God,
when I am old and grey-headed, 
till I make known your deeds to the next generation
and your power to all that are to come.


I've been brought back from the brink of death for a purpose, then!?
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Elmham

First Day of the Rest of My Life

A Candlemas Pilgrimage